Thursday, November 5, 2009

Netherweave bags, an update

On October 25 I wrote about a little experiment I started where I sent an alt 1000g and I feel like it’s time for an update.
Here are the results:

Day 1 1000g (sent from my main)
|
\/
Day 10 2181g
53 Bags
1250 bolts of Neatherweave Cloth = another 312 bags to be crafted, so the totals are
2181g + 365 bags.

I took 1000g out of the 2181g and sent it back to my main.
Bags sold for an average of 14g80s and I sold about 45 bags a day.
Using this data we can estimate how much I made the past 10 days.
The extra 365 bags, if sold for an average of 14g80s would be 5402g
So that’s a total of 6583g profit. The problem is that I can’t sell 365 bags in a day, I can only sell about 45 average, so it would take about 8-10 more days to get rid of my stock If i decided to stop and take my money out of the market.

How I was able to achieve market domination:
I simply logged on the alt twice a day and bought out all the cloth I could find under 8g and listed 30 bags each time. There still are a few competitors that manage to squeeze in a few bags here and there, but they only manage to get enough cloth to make 6-7 bags at once.

Conclusion: with only a 1000g starting capital I managed to make enough gold to buy Epic flyer + Cold Weather Flyer(If I get rid of the bags and stop buying more cloth). And this is just 1 type of bag. There’s 2-3 other bags you could craft, along with 2 types of spell-thread and a cool down you could sell. Obviously, tailoring has a good profit potential for anyone looking to support themselves in the game.

I will write one final update on Netherweave Bags on November 26, when a full month has passed.

PS: Netherweave bags require only 315 Tailoring skill and go grey at 340. The profit from selling bags could easily pay for all your expenses to level this profession all the way to 450.

1 comment:

  1. Netherweave bags are fairly profitable on one of my servers. I don't have too much competition, ran some out since I have a seemingly endless stack of the cloth/bags. I sell both. On average, I sell about 50 bags per day. When I entered the market the bags were a little over eight gold, and now they sell between 13 - 15 gold. I purchase my cloth from a farmer for three gold.

    ReplyDelete