Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Just a quick update

I haven't been neglecting the blog, but I've been too busy today and I don't know when I have will have time for a relevant post. I just wanted to take 5 minutes and post a heads up of what you're going to see here over the next few days.

1. It's been about a week since I started my little Netherweave Bag experiment and I have the data for you on that so there will be a update about my progress there.

2. I'm working on a guide about how to fix and maintain the Enchanting Scrolls market successfully and that should be ready a few days from now.

3. I'm working on a series of posts about various game that have a market/trade aspect to them and how they compare to World of Warcraft(The trading part of it). The first one in the series will be about the EVE Online Marketplace.


PS: It seems I'm having a very successful day in the game. Between glyphs, bags, cards and scrolls I've made 10-12k today so far. Also it seems like I might of found yet another farmer to supply me with herbs.
Gevlon at GreedyGoblin wrote about giving poor people in game hourly jobs and I had just the opportunity to do something like that today:


21:57 [Angioplasty]: still level 1 you bum and you still haven't logged off yet lol :)
21:58 [Pacala]: goldcaps is so so so close
21:58 [Angioplasty]: to 80?
21:59 [Pacala]: no to gold cap
21:59 [Angioplasty]: oh shit whats the cap again?
21:59 [Pacala]: when you reach gold cap it says "you have reached gold limit and cannot aquire any mor gold)
21:59 [Pacala]: 217k and change
21:59 [Angioplasty]: you dont have 217k man
22:00 [Pacala]: no i have 107k righ tnow
22:00 [Pacala]: gold cap is 217k
22:00 [Angioplasty]: thats hard to beleive buddy. let me have 2kg then is you have so much plz
22:00 [Angioplasty]: would be nice of you
22:01 [Angioplasty]: i mean if you really have that much bro
22:01 [Pacala]: i'll buy 2000g worth of herbs from you
22:01 [Angioplasty]: you could spare me 2k
22:01 [Pacala]: but i'mnot giving you hard earned gold for free
22:01 [Angioplasty]: what herbs do you want?
22:01 [Angioplasty]: will you give me now and ill go farm herbs for you
22:01 [Pacala]: adder/icethorn/lichbloom
22:01 [Angioplasty]: i can get any herb possible
22:01 [Pacala]: haha thats not how it works
22:01 [Pacala]: 100 stacks of herbs = 2000g
22:02 [Pacala]: 20g/stack
22:02 [Angioplasty]: i know i just want to get paid for motivation to go farm herb.
22:02 [Angioplasty]: not gonna steal from you bud
22:02 [Pacala]: that's not how it works sorry
22:02 [Pacala]: if you COD to me I will always buy it from you
22:02 [Angioplasty]: ok ill go farm first
22:02 [Angioplasty]: ok


I checked /who Angioplasty a few times and he was in Sholazar, a bit later he whispered me about Goldclover and the other lower level cost so I explained to him about Milling and told him that I'll buy the lower herbs for 12g a stack if he can't find a buyer who will pay more.
I also explained redirected him to the flask guy about the Frost Lotuses he gets, so we'll see.

30 min later he whispers me:

22:45 [Angioplasty]: so will you buy 5k worth of herbs from me?
22:45 [Pacala]: 5000/20 = 250 stacks
22:45 [Angioplasty]: ok sounds good to me
22:46 [Angioplasty]: will you buy tonight?
22:46 [Pacala]: if you can make that much you'd actually be my hero, but ive never seen someone be able to produce 250 stacks
22:46 [Pacala]: and yes i will buy all your herbs
22:46 [Angioplasty]: im quick at tit
22:46 [Angioplasty]: it*


So, maybe he's a bit too enthusiastic... but if he farms that much I'll buy it all.

I checked on him again an hour later as I'm writting this:

23:56 [Pacala]: how's the herbing?
23:56 [Pacala]: still think you're gonna make 250 stacks?
23:56 [Angioplasty]: yea im working on it right now
23:56 [Angioplasty]: got 4 stacks already

No comments:

Post a Comment